Summer Raw Food Challenge 1/2 Day Class (Galway)
Summer Raw-Food Challenge ½ Day Class
With summer fast approaching (and hopefully the good weather too) why not challenge yourself to make simple delicious raw food dishes for you and all the family that are full of healthy nutritious ingredients.
The Challenge: Make one raw food dish daily during the Summer!!
Raw-food dishes are not boring or hard to make, in fact they are quite the opposite, full of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, enzymes, vitality and photo-chemicals, they are simple and quick to make and provide you with a powerhouse of nutrition for optimal health and wellbeing.
Not to worry, that’s where this ½ Day Raw Food Class comes in, I will show you everything you need to know !!
During this class, you will get to sample a well-balanced combination of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds to get you the most nutrition possible in its most accessible form.
During the day I will make 16 to 20 raw-food dishes (and maybe more if we have time) and the good news is that you will get to sample them all !! So come hungry ………………
The idea is to show you how you can make such healthy delicious dishes using whole natural raw food ingredients which are easy to make.
Here are a few of the benefits you’ll receive from eating all these amazing nutrient-rich foods:
- Chlorophyll: Chlorophyll is what gives plants their green colour. This chemical is essential for turning light into energy for plants. For us, chlorophyll is a blood builder. In its molecular makeup it contains essential magnesium to help our bodies function properly. I’ve seen statistics that say over 60-80% of the population is deficient in magnesium.
- Antioxidants: We have all heard about the benefits of antioxidants and how they can protect your body and your skin. Simply put, anti-oxidants stop you from “rusting” at a molecular level. Just like iron reacts and starts to rust when exposed to the elements, a similar process happens in our bodies. Antioxidants work to slow this process and keep you looking and feeling younger.
- Phytonutrients: Phytonutrients are “plant” nutrients. There are many classifications of these compounds and each plant has a different blend. Science has only recently begun deeply exploring many of these categories, but we do know that the research is very promising. We’ve known about some phytonutrients like carotenoids, the compounds that make carrots orange, for some time. Carotenoids appear to protect humans against certain cancers, heart disease, and age-related macular degeneration.
- Fibre: Fibre is what keeps our digestive systems clean. A high fibre diet has been shown to decrease risk of heart disease and colon cancer. Fibres in plants are not digested; they simply form bulk to stool to allow smooth and efficient elimination.
- Amino Acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. Amino acids are found in all plants in different arrays. So a varied diet of plant foods can provide you with a wide range of amino acids to build your own body and keep you strong and healthy.
- Enzymes: Cooked foods contain no enzymes while living uncooked foods are full of them. There are two types of enzymes at work in the body, digestive ones and metabolic ones. Digestive ones help with the breakdown of food and the harder the food to digest the more of these it need to break it down. Metabolic enzymes are responsible for all other activity in the body, including renewal and repair of old or damaged cells.
And more good news, the more healthy food you eat, the less junk food you tend to eat. Your body is more satisfied, Raw food is an excellent remedy for food addiction & cravings because you replace & eliminates addictive junk foods with unlimited amounts of nutrient-dense foods. So you fill those craving voids. And you stay satisfied.
Aim Of This Class:
It is our goal that you come away from this class with the all the tools and knowledge necessary so that you have acquired the confidence, the knowledge, the self-power, and experience necessary to empower yourself to start your own ‘health-food’ journey on a road to better health and nutrition for you and your family that will stand to you for many years to come.
The class will be delivered by a Fully Qualified Medical Herbalist, Raw Food Coach & Nutritionist, Michael Roughan. Michael runs his own busy medical herbal medicine clinic in Ennis and he also delivers many different popular classes/courses/workshops in all aspects of Herbal Medicine Making and Rawfood throughout the Mid-West region. To deliver a high quality course which allows people to get the maximum benefit from this course, the numbers allowed will be limited to just 16 places which will be given on a first come bases. Michael runs classes and courses in Limerick, Ennis & Galway.
The full cost of this ½ Day Class (4 Hours) including all information, Recipe Booklet, Hand-outs, practical tips and advice, loads of food to taste and sample on the day is €50.
“Make An Investment In Your Health Today”
This course will be run at SCCUL Enterprise Centre, Ballybane, Galway. Contact Michael for enquires 085-2157479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of next Class: Sunday 25th June 2017
Time: 11am to 3pm
Booking: To Book Now HERE
Full payment in advance online.
Payments are only refundable up to 7 days prior to the first class date, after which payments become non-refundable, but are transferable to another named person.
**Minimum number of 10 required to run class**
What satisfied people have said about our courses and classes in the past:
“Finished 8 week nutrition course on Thursday night with The Master Herbalist Ennis. It was a fantastic course, we learned so much and tasted so much beautiful raw healthy
nutritious food, learned how simple it is to make such good food so simply and without having to cook any product.
The knowledge of The master herbalist was just brilliant, he explained so much in such detail and so simply. I would highly recommend this course. Thanks Michael Roughan.” Doona, Ennis.
“Thank you Michael Roughan for all your nutritional wisdom and delicious raw food over the course of the last eight weeks..it was a truly enjoyable experience and I will miss my Thursday evenings.. for anyone interested in looking after their health through good nutrition and natural remedies this eight week course is definitely worth doing. Thanks again Michael. .I await your book.” Susan, Clare.
“Week 5 of 6 tomorrow (Saturday) in Ennis on Raw Food and Nutritional course. Lots of great information and lots of sampling from food prepared on the day. A “must do” for those interested in healthy foods. Practical and easy to prepare recipes. Thanks so much Michael.” Annette, Galway.
“Finished wonderful 8 week Raw Nutrition course with the charming Michael Roughan, Master Herbalist, last night. Can highly recommend it.” Christine, Clare.
“Raw food class was great value and packed full of good tips and lovely recipes that we got to sample. Highly recommend it. Looking forward to the next one!”Cathy, Clare.
“Great class, learned lots, some great recipes and very useful tips.. Trying the new recipes out on all the family and so they are impressed….”Marcella, Clare.
“Went to Michael’s living food class it was so good very informative highly recommend !!” Marie, Ennis.
“Attended the Living food class tonight, very interesting and very tasty would highly recommend it. Thanks Michael!!” Nollaig, Clare.
“Highly recommend Michael, The Master Herbalist, very nice guy and extremely knowledgeable” Karen, Ennis.