Hydrotherapy or hot and cold bathing as it is often called is used to stimulate circulation and to boost your skin’s elimination function as well as that of the deeper organs of your body. It can be used daily for best results. If using a shower or detachable shower head you can aim the treatment at a specific joint or organ which will helps focus the bodies energy on healing this area. By increasing circulation to an area, blood brings in new nutrition’s essential for repair while blood and lymph help take away any unwanted toxins and dead cells.
1. What you will need: Preferable a shower or a bath with a shower attachment. Hot and cold water.
2. Starting with hot water (as hot as you can bear), stand for 1 minute under it.
3. Then turn to cold water (as cold as you can bear) and stand for 1 minute.
4. Repeat this 7 or 8 times.
5. You may find that you withstand hotter and colder water temperatures as you go on.
6. Finish with hot water.
Don’t scald yourself with extremely hot water.
Hyper-mobile joints should not be over heated at first.
Rheumatic joints should not be over chilled at first.